|Christine Kent, RN|
An Effective Alternative to Dangerous Surgery for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Urinary Incontinence
If you have been diagnosed with pelvic organ prolapse (rectocele, cystocele or uterine prolapse) and are uncomfortable with the idea of surgery (which you should be), you have come to the right place.
Since the publication of my book, Saving the Whole Woman, in 2003, thousands of women from around the world have successfully avoided dangerous and ineffective surgery for this most common of women's health issues: pelvic organ prolapse.
You Are Not Alone
Few women even know the conditions exist until they themselves become symptomatic. Fifty to eighty percent of all women will deal with prolapse at some point in their lives. Once considered an “old ladies” problem, it is now epidemic in the postpartum population and we have helped girls as young as sixteen.
What I discovered, and what makes Whole Woman revolutionary is that pelvic organ prolapse is a postural problem. The true pelvic organ support system is a postural system. They are one and the same.
Prolapse can be very successfully managed for a lifetime with the postural methods I have developed. You've probably been told to do Kegel exercises. You will discover on this site that Kegels not only don't work, they can actually make your condition worse.
Twenty years of research and the feedback from thousands of women world-wide have shown my methods to be safe and effective.
If you are post-hysterectomy, your situation is more complex. Many of our post-hysterectomy sisters have gotten significant benefit from my methods, enough to justify saying “no” to further surgeries, which are likely to create additional problems leading to still more surgery over time.
The Next Three Things To Do
- First and foremost, get educated. Sadly, the medical system does not have your best interests at heart. Gynecologists and urogynecologists are surgeons. That is how they are trained, that is what they do, and more importantly, that is how they make their living. The materials in the Whole Woman Store are the most complete and anatomically accurate information on prolapse available in the world today.
- Second, I strongly recommend you join the Whole Woman Forum. This free resource is a wealth of information, answers and support. We have very knowledgeable and supportive moderators from around the world who will help you, answer your questions and be a shoulder to cry on if you need it. The forum is the heart of the Whole Woman community. Do take advantage of it.
- Finally, learn the Whole Woman posture that is outlined in my materials. It is simple and natural. It may feel a little strange at first but soon you will come to see how effective it is in improving your symptoms. Some exercise to help restrengthen muscles that have gotten lazy over the years will help, but the posture is the key. Learn it. Start now and be mindful of it whatever you are doing every day. Like thousands of other women around the world, you will begin to see results soon.
The Whole Woman Web Site
On this site you will find lots of helpful information.
- If you want specific information for rectocele, cystocele and uterine prolapse, you'll see links for these conditions to the left.
- The hysterectomy page will be useful to those for whom hysterectomy has been recommended and women who are post-hysterectomy.
- At the Whole Woman Store, you'll find where to purchase my book, my six DVDs, as well as phone and personal consultations. Please be sure to take a look, as we support this site primarily through our product sales.
- We currently have four certified Whole Woman practitioners in addition to myself. Two on the East Coast of the US, one in the UK and one in Australia. Click the Whole Woman Practitioners link to learn more about how to contact any of us.
- Anyone interested in becoming a certified Whole Woman Practitioner can click on the Practitioner Training link for more information.
- There are many wonderful resources on the site for women like you who are looking for answers to their questions or for more information. The Whole Woman Village Post is our news blog.
- Additional articles and resource pages can be found in the Whole Woman Library.
- We have a number of excellent videos on the site. You will want to look at the four interviews that you will find of value.
- In Christine's Living Arts, I have a number of short videos on food and sewing related matters.
Do make full use of the site and let us know if we can be of any assistance or answer any questions. Thanks and welcome to Whole Woman!
Founder and President